Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Are dream dictionaries really true?

So last night I had a very troubling dream. I dreamed my little Liliana (age 22 mos.) was asleep in her father's arms at the side of a pool. I was swimming in it with my boys and my husband put my sleeping daughter on the side of the pool and was visiting with his brother (I guess the whole family was at the pool???) Anyhow, she rolled over and woke up. She didn't fall into the pool, she saw that everyone else was jumping into the pool so she dived in and promptly sank. I was terrified and tried to swim after her and couldn't get to her. I woke up before there was any resolution to the dream.

I was busy telling my husband about this dream just this morning when he looked up the significance of drowning in some dream dictionary. Apparently I means that I feel I'm losing control of my daughter (which is true because she is definitely exerting her independence...) So, while he was busy telling me this, she walked into the room with her hair all wild (because she had removed the ponytail) and she had colored all over her face, hands, and legs with black permanent marker. She just smiled at me and said, "Hello."

Yes, I'm definitely losing control. However, I may have a Picasso on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment