Monday, July 18, 2011

Dressing in our Sunday Best






Today was Sunday, and I guess it is okay to be blogging right now because the Sabbath is over! (although I should really get to bed...) Anyhow, my little 7 year old came in and announced very joyfully that he had actually dressed himself just right for Sunday. He looked great from where I was standing in the kitchen, but when he turned around I discovered that somehow he had actually put his white, button-up shirt on completely wrong side out. He had even done up the buttons. When I inquired as to how he accomplished such a feat, he replied, "I guess that is just the magic of Tommy. Are you impressed?"

Yes, Tommy. Your mother is impressed.

Also, notice the beautiful green apple sculpture that he has created whilst waiting for Mom to come downstairs. This particular piece of art was created using a strawberry stem picker and a melon baller. What a way to repurpose kitchen tools that would otherwise be what the immortal Alton Brown calls "unitaskers." Tommy, you are a pioneer.

Maybe someday I'll start a fashion magazine based on the quirky, whimsical sense of style that children imbue into the world. I would include their recipes, art, fashion, and feature their writing in articles. We could call it "Rogue" instead of "vogue" and then it would make sense that all the models look like a 5 year old applied their makeup.

So, as you can see, with that last musing I think it is finally time for me to sign off and go catch some sleep before my minions awake and begin to do damage with the new juicer in the kitchen before I have a chance to get up for the day.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment